Following are notes I prepared from Dr. Wirachai Kowae’s powerful message. Life Group home work is at the end of the message notes.
A Great Question – What do you mean by being a Christian?
Why would someone change his or her religion from Buddhism to Christianity?
Becoming Christian is something different from religion.
Matthew 11:28 – Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Step One – Come to me (Jesus)
- Of all the religious leaders I have never heard anyone say, Come to me and I will give you rest.
- The New Age movement is eastern religion in a new package. Have faith in yourself.
- There will be no peace until we come to the Prince of Peace.
- When you have peace with God you can have peace in our soul.
Step Two – Learn of me (Jesus)
- You must have Jesus’ DNA.
- Jesus’ nature must be in me.
- I love God because Christ’s nature is inside of me.
- Sit at Jesus’ feet and learn of Him.
Step Three – Go into all the world
- Sometimes people do step 1 and 2 but don’t move to step 3.
- Only the folks who have come to Christ and learned from Him are qualified to Go.
LIFE Group Home Work
Listen – My Story
- Do you remember the day you came to Christ? Tell your story.
- How do you prefer to learn? Classroom? Books? Hands on?
Learn – Digging Deeper
- Step One – Come to Me (Jesus) Read John 3:1-3. What is a Pharisee? Why did Nicodemus come at night? What was Jesus’ reaction to Nicodemus?
- In Psalm 25:9 we learn about humility. Pastor Wirachai taught that to come to Jesus requires humility. Why?
- Step Two – Learn of Me (Jesus) Read Colossians 2:6,7. What do we learn about being a student of Jesus?What do you think Paul meant about Jesus in Philippians 3:10
- Step Three – Go into the entire world. Matthew 28:16-20
Life – Taking it Home
- What is God saying to you about come to me, learn of me, and go into the entire world?
- How can you apply, to your life today, “Come to me?”
Lift – Prayer
- How may your Life Group pray with you this week?
- Do you have a friend, relative, associate, or neighbor whom you should invite to come to Jesus? May we prayer together for them?
- Please pray for the Chris and Melany Luiten family as they lay to rest Chris’ brother on Saturday.