MCA Church LOVED the ministry of Gea Gort and her insights into Business as Mission.
Following are the Life Group Notes for this week (October 7-14, 2018).
Listen – My Story
- What is your favorite work you have done? Why?
- What is your dream job or place of service? Why?
Learn – Digging Deeper
Our guest, Gea Gort, quoted Ephesians 3:20, 21 with meaningful work and service in mind.
- How do you bring God’s ability to do “immeasurably more” into your life of work and service?
- A wage is not what makes something work or service. Everyone, employed, unemployed, retired or volunteer can walk in Him who is “Able to do immeasurably more.”
- What ideas or scriptures help you experience the immeasurably more of God?
We were also invited into mediation upon Deuteronomy 8:18. Here we learn it is God who gives the ability to produce wealth.
- How do you feel when you think of producing wealth? Humble? Proud? Selfish? Pleasing to God?
- Are you maximizing the ability God has given to you to produce wealth?
- Is the wealth you are producing useful to our King and His kingdom?
- Is the wealth you are producing mostly used for self or for others?
- How might you become more effective with God’s gift of ability to produce wealth.
- Is your highest priority in your work and service the mission of God in our world of today?
Life – Taking it Home
What action step will you take this week to connect with God’s immeasurably more and ability to produce wealth?
Lift – Prayer
- Pray for those in your Life Group who identify an area of their life that is longing for God’s “Immeasurably more.”
- Pray over each member’s work and service whether paid or unpaid.
- Pray for and plan to attend the “Bridging the Gap” dynamic leadership seminar, Friday evening 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM and Saturday from 9 AM – 1 PM (Lunch is provided).