Living by Faith
Divine Healing: God, In Christ, is Destroying the works of the devil
Let us keep Jesus’ exceptionally clear purpose before us at all times.
15 I will
put enmity between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and her offspring;
he shall bruise your head,
and you shall bruise his heel.” Genesis 3:15
8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 1 John 3:8
14 Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, Hebrews 2:14
Immediately following Jesus’ baptism and wilderness testing, Jesus pronounced His ministry and message.
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Matthew 4:17
Into the kingdom of the prince of the power of the air, the Kingdom of God has come.
And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. Ephesians 2:1-3
Matthew quickly reveals the proof that Jesus is God and that the kingdom of heaven is inaugurated by the King.
23 And he went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction among the people. 24 So his fame spread throughout all Syria, and they brought him all the sick, those afflicted with various diseases and pains, those oppressed by demons, those having seizures, and paralytics, and he healed them. Matthew 4:23-24
It is abundantly obvious to even the casual reader of the New Testament that the evidences that the kingdom of heaven is at hand include:
- Replacing the work of the devil (disease) by healing every disease.
- Replacing the work of the devil by healing every affliction.
Matthew reveals the ministry of the King of the kingdom of heaven is the work of divine healing.
- All the sick.
- Those afflicted with various diseases.
- Those afflicted with various pains.
- Those oppressed by demons.
- Those having seizures.
- Those who are paralyzed.
AND HE HEALED THEM!
The Kingdom of God is here! The King extends His Kingdom by healing today!
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8
Listen – My Story
- Is there an image that comes to mind when you recall something that was destroyed?
- What work of the devil has God destroyed in your life?
Learn – Digging Deeper
- Are there works of the devil in our world of today?
- If so, what are some of the seen works of the devil? Matthew 9:32-33
- What are some of the unseen works of the devil? Ephesians 6:12
- The works of the devil are so prevalent, Jesus taught us to pray for deliverance.
- Matthew 6:9-13
- Do you pray for deliverance from the evil one daily?
- What might that deliverance look like?
- What would one include in that prayer?
- Save plenty of time for praying through the list below. :0)
Life – Taking it Home
- What is the Holy Spirit saying to you through this lesson?
- How can your Bible Fellowship help you destroy the works of the devil in your life?
Lift – Prayer
- May we join you in prayer for the destruction of a work of the devil that is against you?
- Please pray for the destruction of the devil’s work in Anchorage, Alaska and the United States.