Clayton Trotter, one of the most interesting humans on earth, is my friend and member of the MCA worship community. interestingly, Clayton is an ordained minister who also has a Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the University of Texas School of Law followed by two years of Post Graduate studies at Lincoln College and Oxford in International Law and Business.
So, do we call him the Reverend Doctor Trotter? Not if he has anything to say about it. He pleads with me, “Please call me Clayton.”
Today’s message is one that bubbles out of Clayton’s soul. He lives to help people walk in the favor, blessing, and healthfulness of the Lord. Enjoy!
A Biblical Foundation
God is The Source to meet all your needs and desires. Psalm 24:1
Jesus is given all power in heaven and on earth. Matthew 28:17-19
People were created to have dominion. Genesis 1:26
What is money?
God’s Word On Finances
1. Return – Malachi 3:7-9
2. Tithe – Malachi 3:10-12
3. Obedience – Deuteronomy 28:1-2
4. Pay Taxes – Romans 13:6-7
5. Get out of debt – Romans 13:8
6. Do not borrow, but lend – Deuteronomy 28:11-13
7. Give to the Gospel – Philippians 4:15-18
a. Not because I desire a gift.
b. I desire fruit that may abound to your account.
8. God will supply all your need according to His riches. Philippians 4:19-21
a. God will return to you ten thousand percent. Mark 10:29-31
b. Give and it shall be given unto you. Luke 6:38
The result of following God’s Word on Finances is the blessing of God!!! Deuteronomy 28:11-12
MCA Church LIFE Group Home Work
Looking back on your notes from this week’s teaching was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
Listen – My Story
1. Has there ever been a time that you felt you should give and you did or didn’t give? What was the result from you choice?
2. Is there a blessing that you have enjoyed and you connect that blessing to your giving?
1. Dr. Trotter said that money is a medium of exchange, a store of value and represents your life. Do you agree? Why or why not?
2. Everything belongs to the LORD (Psalm 24:1). The LORD has given all power and authority to Jesus (Matthew 28:17-19). Because of this we are to go and
teach all nations. This includes teaching that God is LORD over all the earth and requires us to take dominion (Genesis 1:26). Do you feel that you
have dominion? Why or why not?
3. Since the earth is the LORD’s we must come into alignment with the LORD’s financial system.
a. How do we return to the LORD according to Malachi 3:7-8?
b. What is the difference between a tithe and an offering?
c. Since the tithe and offerings belong to God, what is spending the tithe and offering on our own desires called? Malachi 3:8
d. What is the result of robbing God in Malachi 3:9?
4. What are the results of coming into alignment with the LORD’s financial system? Please read aloud Deuteronomy 28:1-14.
5. The blessings of Deuteronomy 28:2 are specifically limited to those who follow the guidance of Deuteronomy 28:1.
a. What does “faithfully obey” include? 28:1
b. What does “careful to do” include? 28:1
c. Which commands of the LORD are we to do? 28:1
Live – Take it Home
Because of this teaching, what is God asking you to do?
Lift – Prayer