Jesus, whose birth we are celebrating, is life. (John 14:6) Today’s message is the beginning of a special component of our series, “He’s About Life.” John 10:10
Our next group of studies is outlined for us in 1 John 5:12, “He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.”
Let’s divide all humanity into two groups according to John’s statement.
- Those with life
- Those with “not life”
If you aren’t sure if you have life or not life, you can know for certain. 1 John 5:13
- Those who have life and live with life.
- Those who have life and live with “not life.”
- Those who have “not life” and live with “not life.”
- Those who have “not life” and live as if they have life.
What in the world is “not life?” In essence it is life without the Person, work and influence of Jesus. It is life with the absence of Jesus and his influence.
This portion of our teaching series is titled, “He’s About Life: Quit!”
The unholy triad of “not life,” that we must quit immediately is: (Matthew 14:22-32)
“Not life” wars against the life of Jesus. This war is seen in our relationships.
- God – What does the “not life” in relationship with God look like?
The war between “Not life” and the life of Jesus is also seen in our stewardship of our material selves.
- Body – What does the “Not life” in stewardship of my body look like?
- Mind and will