Following are my message notes designed to help us begin seeing, in new ways, God’s present Kingdom.
Live Local: Seeing God’s Local Kingdom
We miss so much of life by not being fully present in the here and now.
• Tomorrow will be a brighter day, yet there is brightness about today too!
• Other places have energy and excitement yet there is an energy and excitement here too!
For example, Revelation 4:1-11 shows us that God’s glory (in heaven) receives the response of “holy, holy, holy.” Yet in Isaiah 6:9 we discover that “the whole earth is full of his glory.”
• Why am I prone to miss God’s glory in my day-to-day living?
• How do I train my eyes to see God? 2 Kings 6:16, 1 Tim. 4:7,
Maybe we don’t have to see into eternity. Maybe there is far more in the here and now than I am currently seeing.
Central to Jesus’ message is the inauguration of God’s kingdom on earth. Matthew 4:17
Judaism had become, over time, a religion based upon what one could measure by external standards. For example, are you eating the approved meat? Have you sacrificed the proper meat? Was the meat you are eating prepared in the proper manner?
The Apostle Paul, in Romans 14:17, steps into the conversation and declares, “God’s kingdom is not about all these external rules, regulations, and things you can easily see with your eyes.” Matt. 5
In Romans 14:17 God’s kingdom is about righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.
• Righteousness- moral integrity with God and people
• Peace – a state of harmony, unity, and cooperation among kingdom citizens
• Joy – the emotions that flow from God’s grace allowing humans like us to live in righteousness and in peace