Following are the notes I prepared for my Resurrection Sunday message.
More than a Relationship
Jesus is more than a man: He is Victor!
Human beings have three great enemies: sin, death, and Satan.
• Sin – Slaves to sin. Romans 6:20
• Satan – Your enemy. 1 Peter 5:8
• Death – The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 1 Cor. 15:26
The effect of these three are unbearable.
• Sin’s effect is for you to live your entire life separated from the life of God.
• Satan’s effect is that you live and die without God’s life with the added negative of his deathly presence.
• Death’s effect is for you to die without eternal life in God.
Enter Christmas! The key to understanding “Jesus as Victor,” is the incarnation. Jesus became fully human. As a fully human man, Jesus gained the same three great enemies, sin, death, and Satan.
Enter Good Friday! The power of slavery to sin was defeated by the blood of Jesus! Romans 8:1-4
Enter Good Saturday! The power of Satan’s kingdom was defeated by Jesus in Satan’s own domain. Hebrews 2:14-18
Enter Resurrection Sunday! The power of death was defeated by Jesus’ resurrection! 1 Corinthians 15:20-22
Christianity is more than a relationship! It includes the finished work of Jesus Christ, THE VICTOR over sin, Satan, and death.
THE VICTOR’S victory can be yours, if you believe and are baptized. Mark 16:16