God’s communications are essential for experiencing, right here and now, this abundant life.
- The Psalmist’s current hope was in God’s word. Psalm 119:114
- In real time, right then and there, God’s word was a lamp and light. Psalm 119:105
- The wise men, in the birth of Jesus narrative, were guided by God’s communication. The details of God’s communication with these folks is still unknown.
- How did they learn that the birth of the King would be accompanied by a star?
- What motivated them to have the confidence to follow the star and bring gifts?
- Of all the kings at that time, why would they make great effort to worship this one?
- Consider God’s communications to Paul in Acts 16:6-10.
- How did the Holy Spirit forbid them to speak the word in Asia? Acts 16:6
- What all was involved in “the Spirit of Jesus did not allow them”? Acts 16:7
- We do know that their decision to minister in Macedonia resulted from a vision God gave to Paul. Acts 16:9
What God had said in Deuteronomy He was saying again through Jesus to the tempter. Matthew 4:4
How do I know the difference between what God said and what God is saying today?
- Live (Abide) in the communications of God. John 15:4-7
- Learn the sound of God’s communications. John 10:27
- God’s communications are best understood in community.
- But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16
- The apostles and elders were gathered together to consider this matter. Acts 15:6
- For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us… Acts 15:28
- No prophecy comes from someone’s own 2 Peter 1:20
I invite you to join me each day this week.
- Read John 15
- Meditate on a verse of John 15 each day.
- Memorize John 15:4, “Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.”