We joyfully gather each New Year’s Eve as a statement of the priority God has in our “times.” A new year is a gift from God and the former year is testimony to His faithfulness. Following is my thinking on the philosophy of a Watch Night Gathering:
1. We gather in thankfulness for God’s faithfulness in 2009.
2. We gather in appreciation that God’s character promises His faithfulness in 2010.
3. We gather in worship on the last day of the year, suggesting the priority of God in our lives throughout the year.
4. We gather in worship on the first day of the year, suggesting that God will be our priority for all of 2010.
5. We gather on the first and last day of the years in Holy Communion out of respect and honor for the work of Jesus in our lives during the past year and, by faith in the new year.
Our special guest minister is a long time friend of Muldoon Community Assembly. Evangelist Dan Womack has been influential in my life and in the lives of thousands of others. His singing, speaking, and friendship are beloved by many.
Dan will be speaking and singing in the 10:30 PM until Midnight Watch Night Gathering at the MCA Central Campus.