Graduation Sunday: Start Your Impossible
You will eventually find yourself in front of callings and challenges bigger than you are. Without God’s help, these callings and challenges are impossible.
- Like Moses you will face a Red Sea.
- Like Esther you will face a Haman.
- Like David you will face a Goliath.
- Like Jesus you will face a cross.
Life’s callings and challenges become part of your identity. You become known as the person who conguered your own personal Red Sea, Haman, Goliath, and cross.
“Phiona Mutesi is the ultimate underdog. To be African is to be an underdog in the world. To be Ugandan is to be an underdog in Africa. To be from Katwe is to be an underdog in Uganda. To be a girl is to be an underdog in Katwe.” Tim Crothers, The Queen of Katwe: A Story of Life, Chess, and One Extraordinary Girl’s Dream of Becoming a Grandmaster.
There are many options one can chose when faced with starting their impossible:
- Declare a lesser calling and challenge.
- Live in denial of the dream.
- Settle for the easier
- Make excuses and rationalizations.
Successfully starting your impossible
- Receive and believe the promises of God. Genesis 15:6
- Live in the presence of God. Exodus 33:15, 16
- Release the power of God. Acts 3:1-6
- Embrace the provision of God. Philippians 4:19
- Endure. Matthew 24:13, James 1:12