Seeking the Wisdom of God for
Fasting and Prayer
“For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. This is why it is said: “Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.””
- We repent of darkness in our own lives and celebrate God’s gift of light.
- May the national conversation and prayer be, “What pleases the Lord?”
- May our nation properly respond to Paul’s command, “Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead” and receive his promise, “Christ will shine on you.”
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
- We lift President Trump before YOU and pray that he will have eyes to see and ears to hear what YOUR choice is regarding this next Supreme Court nominee.
- We ask YOU to confirm to him the person of YOUR choosing.
- We pray that President Trump would feel deep peace when he thinks about the person of YOUR choice and deep unrest should he start to waiver from YOUR highest and best.
Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.
- Give our President wise and godly counsel to help him discern YOUR will in this important decision.
- Give our President the ability to trust the wise and godly counsel you provide for him.
Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.
- We pray that President Trump will resist any temptation to please people rather than to please YOU in this selection process.
- May what pleases YOU be very clear to our President.
There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.
We pray that there is nothing covered that will not be revealed or hidden that will not be made known, regarding those who are being considered to fill this vacancy.
- May the intention of the nominee’s heart to please you be evident to our President.
2 Kings 6:8-14
Now the king of Aram was at war with Israel. After conferring with his officers, he said, “I will set up my camp in such and such a place.”
The man of God sent word to the king of Israel: “Beware of passing that place, because the Arameans are going down there.” So the king of Israel checked on the place indicated by the man of God. Time and again Elisha warned the king, so that he was on his guard in such places.
This enraged the king of Aram. He summoned his officers and demanded of them, “Tell me! Which of us is on the side of the king of Israel?”
“None of us, my lord the king,” said one of his officers, “but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the very words you speak in your bedroom.”
“Go, find out where he is,” the king ordered, “so I can send men and capture him.” The report came back: “He is in Dothan.” Then he sent horses and chariots and a strong force there. They went by night and surrounded the city.
- We pray YOU will cut off all outside enemy attempts and influences to manipulate, confuse, or confound the President’s hearing from You or his resolve to stand firm in YOUR choice.
- We pray our President will “put on the whole armor of God” as he deliberates.
He pursues them and moves on unscathed,
by a path his feet have not traveled before.
- We ask YOU to give the Supreme Court Justice nominee of YOUR choice supernatural favor, wisdom, and protection to navigate through the Senate confirmation hearings and to speedily receive Senate approval.
- We ask YOU to direct the steps of the nominee of YOUR choice.
For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”
- We pray that this new Supreme Court Justice will be a voice for righteousness and justice—even to changing the landscape of the entire nation toward godliness.
- May the new Supreme Court Justice do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with You.
Righteousness exalts a nation,
but sin condemns any people.
- We pray for a Great Awakening in these United States of America.
- May God bless America with righteousness.
Prayer Guide adapted from https://bridgebuilders.net/2018/07/03/supreme-court-nominee/