The blood of Jesus pleases (appeases) the justice of God and protects us from the attacks of Satan.
In our previous lesson we considered the “righteousness of God (Romans 3:21) through faith (Romans 3:22) in Jesus (Romans 3:22) and His blood (Romans 3:25).”
The blood of Jesus “over” our lives is a protective and pleasing hedge.
Since God is righteous and holy He must destroy both sin and the sinner. Only the blood of Jesus matches the holiness and righteousness of God and in that way “pleases” God and those “under” His blood will no longer receive God’s wrath. Exodus 12:13
Jesus’ blood is protective in that Satan can not cross over it to attack the Christian.
God limits Satan for all of humanity and the blood of Jesus totally limits him in the life of the Christian. Satan is an evil dog, but God holds the leash!
Buffeting – To strike with the knuckles to make the blow sting and crush. 2 Corinthians 12:7
- Matthew 26:67 reports the buffeting of Jesus prior to the crucifixion.
- 2 Corinthians 12:7 reveals that Paul knows that he will experience God approved buffeting
- 2 Corinthians 11:23-27 – Paul lists many of the buffetings of Satan that God allowed against him.
- Learning from Paul’s buffeting:
- The buffeting has a purpose – in order to keep me from becoming 12:7
- The opportunity for buffeting was given by God.
- The buffeting was accomplished by a messenger of Satan. 12:7
- It is good to ask God to remove the attack.
- If God removes the attack, Praise God! If God allows the buffeting to continue He promises His grace.
Grace is almost unbelievable, because it is God sized and God shaped Divine favor.
- God is the God of all grace. 1 Peter 5:10
- His throne is the throne of grace. Hebrews 4:16
- His word is the word of his grace. Acts 20:32
- The final verse of the entire Bible – “The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you all.” 22:21
Grace, in 2 Corinthians 12:9, refers to the Personal aid of the Holy Spirit.
Living inside the blood covering of Jesus our lives are protected and pleasing.
MCA Church LIFE Group Homework
Listen – My Story
- Do you have an experience where you know it was only God’s grace that pulled you through?
- Boxing and cage fighting have become popular sports in our country. Do you enjoy watching someone being buffeted?
Lift – Prayer
- Please pray for everyone in your group who wants the blood of Jesus applied over their lives.
- Please share the first names of three people you are praying for to receive Jesus through Heaven’s Gates and Hell’s Flames and through Burning Ice Alaska 2016
- Please pray for revival and evangelism.
Learn – Digging Deeper
- In the Passover experience, we discover that the blood of the lambs appeases the wrath of God. What blood has replaced the blood of lambs (John 1:29)?
- Does God still have wrath today? Romans 1:18, Romans 2:5, Romans 2:8
- How do I move from being under God’s wrath to being under His favor? Romans 5:8-10
- Being in Christ and under the blood of Jesus protects me from the attacks of Satan. Illustration: You are under the blood of Jesus and God has granted Satan permission to attack you. How do you respond? Ephesians 6:10-11, 6:16
- It is commonly understood that grace, in 2 Corinthians 12:9, refers to the Personal aid of the Holy Spirit. How does Paul testify to this truth in 2 Timothy 4:16-18?
Life – Taking it Home
- What is God saying to you through this lesson?
- What could you do this week to walk under the blood of Jesus?
- What is your next step in response to this teaching?