This weekend’s message is designed to assist in assessing the place our friend, relative, associate, and neighbor is on the Evangelism Journey and how to participate with God in the conversation.
In Times Like These
Understanding Our Audience: We are truthful
The Bible opens with “God said” (Genesis 1:3) and ends with Jesus saying, “I am coming soon” (Revelation 22:20). God is still in communication with everyone. In times like these, we participate with people in their God conversation.
God is true and truthful. Deuteronomy 32:4, John 17:2, 3
Therefore, God welcomes true and truthful conversation.
Ed Stetzer calls the God conversation “The Evangelism Journey”. Conversion is an experience that happens at a certain point and time. One moment I was unconverted and the next moment I was converted. However, getting to the point of conversion and living the converted life is a step-by-step journey.
We are learning, in this series, to embrace truth in every phase of the journey.
According to “The Evangelism Journey,” evangelism happens whenever a misconception is clarified and a rebellion is reconsidered.
The journey to conversion includes four primary realities:
- Awareness of the One True God (John 3:2)
- Awareness of Jesus as God’s only Son (John 3:10, 16a)
- Awareness of the Gospel Implications (John 3:16b,
- Awareness of one’s personal need (John 3:3)
The activity of God along the way moves people through the key truths!
Consider these components of the journey through Jesus’ ministry to Nicodemus.
Our conviction is that Nicodemus journeyed into conversion based upon John 19:39.
MCA Church LIFE Groups
Connecting with Each Other
- What is the first Christmas you remember?
- How can you creatively use the MCA Church Christmas season invitations for ministry to your family and friends?
Digging Deeper in the Weekend Talk
- Do you see Elijah clarifying any misconceptions about the One True God in 1 Kings 18: 18-21
- What are the implications of the message in 1 Kings 18:21. If the Lord is God, what are the people to do?
- In the story of the Ethiopian and Philip, do you see Philip clarifying awareness of Jesus as God’s son? Acts 8:32-35
- Do miracles, signs, and wonders have any part in clarifying Jesus as God’s Son in our ministry today? Mark 16:20
- Please pray for at least one friend for whom you would like to see journey to conversion. Which of the four components need clarification for them?
- Pray for MCA Church Christmas season ministry.