Between the Ascension of Jesus (Acts 1:10,11) and His Return (1 Thessalonians 4:16) God is at work in the world through the Holy Spirit (John 16:7,8). Right now, God is in the world, involved with the world, and directing the world for his purposes.
Consider Psalm 1:3, “Which yields its fruit in season.” We know that God included His love for seasons in creation and in his involvement with us. (Genesis 8:22, Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)
Holy Week reveals several of God’s seasons.
Palm Sunday – Season of the reign of King Jesus – Matthew 27:37
- Celebration of past prophecies being fulfilled.
- Celebration of the current reign of Christ our King.
- Celebration of the future reign of Christ our King.
Last Supper – Season of “The Lord will provide” – Genesis 22:13, 14
- Celebration of past Passover covenant meals.
- Celebration of Christ our Passover Lamb.
- Celebration of the upcoming Marriage Supper of the Lamb
Good Friday – Season of the ultimate sacrifice – Matthew 27:50
- Celebration of past animal
- Celebration of Jesus, God’s eternal sacrifice.
- Celebration of Jesus, the Great High Priest, presenting His blood on Heaven’s mercy
Silent Saturday – Season of quietly waiting in confidence on God – Romans 6:3-11
- Celebration of the time between what is and what will be.
- Celebration of the unseen work of God.
- Celebration of solitude that turns to joy.
Resurrection Day – Season of moving from tragedy to triumph – Nehemiah 13:2
- Celebration of prophecy fulfilled.
- Celebration of the defeat of Satan and death.
- Celebration of LIFE now and forever!