This is one of the glorious God Capacities He has shared with women. Women alone are the human carriers of God’s breath of life.
We esteem you beyond words for your sacred honor of being God’s chosen breath bearer. Of Jesus it is said, “In Him was life!” Mom, this is true of you too. In you was life!
Today’s message includes some thoughts regarding those to whom you have given the breath of life through the lens of an Old Testament Patriarch, Job.
Women, you would be on the right track if what is stated of Job can be truthfully said of you (Job 1:1): A. Blameless. B. Upright. C. Feared God. D. Turned away from evil.
God and the fullness of His ways are far beyond human understanding. Many of our God questions will only be completely revealed in eternity. Isaiah 55:8-9
Until then, Job’s approach to his children is well worth our consideration. Job 1:5
- Job would “make arrangements for them to be purified.”
- Early in the morning Job would sacrifice burnt offerings for each of his children.
- Job was thinking, “Perhaps (It may be) my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.”
- This was Job’s regular custom.
Mom, along with Job, there are many “It may be…” situations in life that are within the reach of your personal ministry, on behalf of your family, before the Lord.
- The effects of a family heritage that hates God. Exodus 20:5
- The inherited genetic Colossians 2:14
- The impact of your belief in the Lord Jesus on your family. Acts 16:31
“1, 2, 3, It May Be”
- I make arrangements for my family’s total well-being, especially spiritually.
- I pray on behalf of my family every
- “1, 2, 3, It May Be” is my regular custom.
Listen – My Story
- Please complete the following sentence, “Mom, because you carried the breath of God and imparted it to me, I thank you for …..
- Please complete the following sentence, “Mom, because you carried the breath of God and imparted it to me, I will honor you by….
Lift – Prayer
- Please pray for huge encouragement for every woman in your Life Group.
- Please pray for the many new and growing Jesus followers at MCA Church(142 people).
- Please pray for a special visitation of the Holy Spirit next Sunday, Pentecost Sunday.
Learn – Digging Deeper
- It is said of Job (Job 1:1) that he was blameless. Wow! That seems impossible for us to attain. However, David shows a way to live blameless. Consider the two aspects of blamelessness in Psalm 19:13.
- Job also shunned (persistently avoided) evil. According to Romans 6:11-14, God has provided a way for us to shun evil in our lives today.
- In what ways can we “make arrangements” for our family to be purified (Job 1:5)? In 1 John 2:16 we see three portals for sin. How might you make arrangements against these three for your family? Is Hebrews 10:25 applicable to “make arrangements?”
- Job made sacrifices for his family. We connect this to prayer. Please pray the following verses over your family (out loud in your group). Joshua 24:15, Joshua 1:8
- Job made this his regular custom. Is there a place for regular customs in the Christian home? Luke 4:16, Luke 22:39
Life – Taking it Home
- What is God saying to you through this lesson?
- What could you do this week to practice 1, 2, 3, It May Be?
- What is your next step in response to this teaching?