- Like the doorways in the story of Passover, Jesus’ blood is placed on my life. Exodus 12:7, 12-13
- Like the mercy seat in the Holy of Holies, Jesus’ blood covers Leviticus 16:11-15, Romans 3:22-25
How do my past and current decisions, actions, and attitudes impact me today?
Through our past and current decisions, actions, and attitudes we extend invitations and opportunities to God or the devil to influence our lives.
The Apostle Paul, in Ephesians 4:26, 27, reveals that unrighteous anger extends an invitation and opportunity to the devil to have influence in a Christian’s life.
Paul also reveals, in Ephesians 4:1-4, that when Christians “walk in a manner worthy of the calling” they extend an invitation and opportunity to God for increased influence in your life.
First, it is essential to develop truthful self-awareness to provide you with an accurate assessment. Psalm 51:6
Second, your accurate assessment of the self must be evaluated and properly named by the Bible. James 1:22-25
If you have and/or are giving opportunity to the devil
Repent Regret, with remorse, that you have met your desires on your own, apart from God, and proclaim that you will totally trust God to meet your deepest desires. Acts 3:19-20
Renounce Formally declare one’s abandonment of a claim, right, or possession. 2 Corinthians 4:2
Repurpose Dedicate what was once given to the devil to God and His purposes. Romans 6:13
If you have and/or are giving opportunity to God
Hear Build faith by hearing the promises of God. Romans 10:17, Ephesians 3:20
Heed Do as God’s promises require. 2 Peter 1:4, 10
Hold Endure and persevere in the promises of God. 2 Timothy 2:11-13, James 1:25
Listen – My Story
- What is one of the best opportunities you have ever been given?
- What enjoyable opportunities do you have this summer?
Learn – Digging Deeper
- Read Psalm 51:1-17
- In what verses do you see David repenting?
- In what verses do you see David renouncing?
- In what verses do you see David repurposing?
Lift – Prayer
- Please pray for God’s wisdom for those in your Life Group who have opportunities about which they must decide.
- Please pray for those in your group who have given the devil opportunity in their lives and help them renounce any commitments and allegiance made to sin and the devil.
- Please pray that any territory of the heart formerly given to the devil will be repurposed for God.
Life – Taking it Home
- Do you have an area in which you want to repent, renounce, and repurpose?
- What could you do this week to strengthen these three things?
- What is your next step in response to this teaching?