Following are the message notes for Peace with God and Peace of God. This message is written for Pastor Alan Humphries’ Destiny Conference at Soldotna Church of God.
21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith.
From my perspective, the Apostle Paul’s emphasis in Romans 3:21-25 is upon faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ.
Vs. 22 The righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe.
Vs. 24, 25 through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus…to be received by faith.
You and I are justified, made righteous, considered just, by a believing faith relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our 2017 Destiny Conference Theme, “Justified” is a call to live a life of faith in Jesus Christ.
Paul further states, in Romans 5:1, Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Justification is always connected to faith in Jesus Christ. Wisely so, because without faith it is impossible to please God. Hebrews 11:6
Faith that doesn’t please God.
- Dead faith James 2:26
- No faith Mark 4:40
- Little faith Matthew 6:30
- Faith that drifts 1 Timothy 6:21
- Weak faith Romans 14:1
- Lacking faith 1 Thessalonians 3:10
- Failing faith Luke 22:32
Faith that pleases God.
- Great faith Matthew 8:10
- Saving faith Luke 5:20, 7:50
- Healing faith Luke 8:48
- Precious faith 2 Peter 1:1
- Increasing faith Luke 17:5
- Being full of faith Acts 6:8
- Footsteps of faith Romans 4:12
- Walking faith 2 Corinthians 5:7
- Living faith Hebrews 10:38
- Word of faith Romans 10:8
- Family of faith Galatians 6:10
- Joy in faith Philippians 1:25
- Established faith Colossians 1:23
- Firm faith Colossians 2:5
- Working faith 1 Thessalonians 1:3
- Patient faith James 1:3
- Encouraging faith 1 Thessalonians 3:7
- Growing faith 2 Thessalonians 1:3
- Sincere faith 2 Timothy 1:5
- Fighting faith 1 Timothy 6:12
- Kept faith 2 Timothy 4:7
- Sound faith Titus 1:13
- Assuring faith Hebrews 10:22
- Professed faith Hebrews 10:23
- Praying faith James 5:15
- Tried faith 1 Peter 1:7
- Victorious faith 1 John 5:4
- Overcoming faith 1 John 5:5
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith[b]into this grace in which we stand, and we[c] rejoice[d] in hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
My battle against God is ended by faith in Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:14
This faith in Jesus Christ produces life’s most amazing and delightful experience, peace with God.
Peace with God
- We now stand in grace. Romans 5:2
- We now rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:2
- We now rejoice in our sufferings. Romans 5:3
Peace with God leads to the peace of God!
- John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
- Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.