Becoming people of fully realized potential in Christ requires holding and being held by a positive faith attitude.
A concept in a previous message was, “In making decisions always measure the strength of the “yes” votes not the “no” votes.”
You are, in fact, determining the power of the positive faith attitude not the strength of the negative faithless attitude or even the neutral attitude.
How many of Israel’s mighty warriors voted “no” on fighting Goliath? Only one young man in the entire country voted “yes.”
The Principle of the Positive Faith Yes is beautifully revealed in Numbers 13 and 14 as Israel determines if they can take the land.
|“Let us go up at once and occupy it, for we are well able to overcome it.”
|All of Israel (2,400,000 votes)
With this ballot count, 2,400,010 no votes and 3 yes votes, the decision seems obvious. https://www.gotquestions.org/Israelites-exodus.html
Yet, the wise “reaching my full potential in Christ” decision measures the strength of the yes votes, not the number of no votes.
Caleb, Joshua and Moses are the only three out of approximately two million people who understood the strength of the yes vote.
The large empty box on our ballot count chart above is for Numbers 13:1-2’s revelation that God Himself voted “Yes.”
The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Send men to spy out the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the people of Israel.
God’s intent was for Israel to “spy out the land” to determine HOW to take the land not IF they could take the land.
One’s fully realized potential in Christ is in proportion to having positive faith in the promises of God, His word and His intentions.
And he (Abraham) believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness. Genesis 15:6
4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. 2 Peter 1:4
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. James 1:5-8
Notice the negative faithless attitude in the 2,400,010 people of Israel destroys the hope and confidence in God’s promises for almost an entire nation.
- God is giving us the land, “28 However, the people who dwell in the land are strong, and the cities are fortified and very large. And besides, we saw the descendants of Anak there. 29 The Amalekites dwell in the land of the Negeb. The Hittites, the Jebusites, and the Amorites dwell in the hill country. And the Canaanites dwell by the sea, and along the Jordan.” Numbers 13:28-29
- God is giving us the land, HOWEVER, “We are not able to go up against the people, for they are stronger than we are.” Numbers 13:31
- God is giving us the land, HOWEVER, “So they brought to the people of Israel a bad report of the land that they had spied out…” Numbers 13:32
- God is giving us the land, HOWEVER, “The land, through which we have gone to spy it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants…” Numbers 13:32
- God is giving us the land, HOWEVER, “and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them.” Numbers 13:33
Caleb, Joshua and Moses know that a positive faith attitude is all about God, His promises and intentions.
- 9 Only do not rebel against the Lord. Numbers 14:9
- the Lordis with us; Numbers 14:9
- But the glory of the Lordappeared at the tent of meeting to all the people of Israel. Numbers 14:10
- 11 And the Lordsaid to Moses, “How long will this people despise me? And how long will they not believe in me, in spite of all the signs that I have done among them? Numbers 14:11
Let’s look back up at the large empty space in our positive faith attitude ballot box.
Please fill in the first empty space with “GOD” and record His vote as “YES.”
Three people with positive faith in God’s promises and word are more than enough to take the land.
God invites you and me to join Caleb and his positive faith attitude:
24 But my servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit and has followed me fully, I will bring into the land into which he went, and his descendants shall possess it. Numbers 14:24
How should you vote on personal decisions?
Determine God’s promise and vote with God.