Our noon prayer meeting, last week, featured Dick Eastman’s “Hour that Changes the World” model of prayer. Starting today, for the rest of this week, we will be praying each noontime according to a prayer guide I have prepared called, RENEW. The renewal of God’s work within me is one of my great needs.
In our RENEW prayer time we will be considering these five components of renewal, 1. Return, 2. Enter, 3. Notice, 4. Engage, 5. Wonder.
Return Renewal begins with a returning of the whole heart to the Father.
- Luke 15:20 – The prodigal returns to Father
Enter Returning to the Father, we see that He has much for us to enter.
- Ezra 3:11-13 – Upon returning to Israel, they built the foundation of the Temple
Notice As we enter, we notice much about ourselves that must change.
- James 1:22-24 – Forgetting one’s own mirror image
Engage As changed persons, we fully engage ourselves in further renewal.
- Ezra 7:10 – Ezra had set his heart to study, do, and teach the word
Wonder Renewed and fully engaged, we see God’s wondrous graces
- Acts 13:41 – God is doing a work that scoffers won’t believe
- Acts 15:12 – People fall silent upon hearing the wonders of God
May God grant significant renewal to you and me as we humble ourselves in fasting and prayer.