- According to the Bible, “Life is in the blood.” Leviticus 17:11
- Jesus’ blood is the blood of the covenant poured out for many for the forgiveness of sin. Matthew 26:27-29
- Spiritual life is found in the blood of Jesus.
Today, you and I have either experienced God’s life by trusting in the blood of Jesus or have rejected God’s life and still stand alone, apart from the blood of Jesus.
We are studying the interactions between people and the devil and particularly the giving of opportunity to the devil to influence our lives. 2 Corinthians 2:11; Ephesians 6:11
God restricts and limits the devil’s influence (John 10:10) through what may be called “Rules of Engagement.”
God governs the universe. Psalm 103:19
The devil, understanding the “Rules of Engagement,” seeks permission from God to “steal, kill, and destroy” you.
The Bible reveals the devil’s offense includes at least seventeen types of attacks. Thirteen of the attacks are against both those who trust in Jesus’ blood and against those who have not yet trusted in Jesus’ blood. Those who have not trusted in the blood of Jesus are open to an additional four attacks.
- Satanically inspired thoughts
- Provoking to foolish and harmful actions
- Destruction of the flesh
- Disputing and criminal activity
- Influencing Politicians and government leaders
- Taking away the understanding of the Bible
- Blinding the mind toward spiritual things
- Leading into error about spiritual things
- Hindrance of demons
Four Additional Attacks against those not trusting in Jesus’ blood
- Persistent disobedience
- Participation with demons
- Periodic possession
- Constant possession
Foundational Responses to the Offense of the devil
- Prayer asking for God’s great mercy. Hebrews 4:16
- Resist the devil. James 4:7
- Declare God’s revealed word. Matthew 4:4, 7, 10
- Rely on the “blood of the Lamb.” Revelation 12:11
Special thanks to Dr. Joseph Fuiten for his doctoral work on the subject of God’s protective hedge. Read Dr. Fuiten’s amazing dissertation here.