MCA Church is a local congregation that is deeply committed to the all-encompassing influence of the Bible. Hebrews 4:12
Our Christmas teaching emphasized, “The Word became FLESH and dwelt among us.” John 1:14
In 2014 we will intently focus on, “The WORD became flesh and dwelt among us.”
In Acts 17 Luke compares the Jews in two different synagogues, one in Thessalonica and the other in Berea. Notice, in verse 11, several important things.
• They received the biblical teaching.
• They received the biblical teaching with all eagerness.
• After receiving the biblical teaching they examined the Scriptures.
• They examined the Scriptures EVERY DAY to ensure the message was biblically founded.
• Because of these four actions their character was seen and identified as “more noble” than the other Jews.
Jesus said, “It is written (Deuteronomy 8:3), Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:4
• In addition to physical food, man needs spiritual food.
• Spiritual food is comprised of “every word that comes from the mouth of God.”
• The Bible is a collection of words from the mouth of God.
Paul reveals that “All scripture is breathed out by God and is profitable…” 2 Timothy 3:16
• All scripture.
• Is profitable.
The most recent scholarly and expansive research (The Shape of Faith to Come, Waggoner, 2008) notes that regular Bible reading is one of the highest correlates for spiritual maturity. It was determined that daily Bible reading is the primary hub of spiritual maturity.
The MCA Church strategy for Examining the Weekend Message
• The weekly “Learning Guide.”
• The weekly LIFE Group study questions.
• LIFE Groups –The hermeneutical community.
The MCA Church strategy for Daily Reading of Scripture
• S Scripture Read the selected passages
• O Observation What do you hear God saying to you?
• A Application How will you apply to your life today?
• P Prayer Pray according to your prayer list.