The following letter is from our El Salvadoran church planting partners. They are preparing themselves for a week of fasting and prayer for a spiritual breakthrough in Anchorage among the Hispanic population. The MCA Church is planning to join, whole-heartedly, in this ministry of prayer.
Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ,
We are so excited and joyous that we are taking this trip to Alaska, to share and help in the ministry, “Burning Ice”.
We are making a calling to unite in fasting and prayer the first week of January, from the 2nd – 7th of January 2012. Let’s dedicate this time of fasting and prayer for this new project. In Alaska, we will gather as a group to fast and pray together as well. The purpose of this fasting and prayer is to ask the Lord to send a GREAT SPIRITUAL REVIVAL. Brian H. Edwards explains in his book. “Revival” the following: “A time revival of the Spirit is a notable increment in the spiritual life of God’s people. This will bring a conscientious need for God’s presence and intense praying and worship. It will also bring a profound conviction of sin, a passion and desire of holiness and the willingness to share the Gospel to non-believers.
Let’s dedicate this fasting and prayer for the following petitions:
1. That every speaker may be used by God with anointing and power.
2. Pray for the burden/vision of our brother Edgardo Montano, his family and for all of those who have join and felt the calling of “Burning Ice”.
3. A great harvest of new souls for Christ.
4. For the Holy Spirit to break chains of oppression and addictions.
5. Pray for the new church/ministry that is about to begin in Alaska.
6. Let’s pray for the Hispanic population, that the Gospel’s seed may fall on good soil.
7. Let’s pray that our God supply all our needs, open the doors of blessings and prosperity for this new ministry.
Brothers and sisters, let’s maintain ourselves united, in spirit and mind so that we can be a blessing and help in everything we can.
See you in Alaska – “Burning Ice”!