I (Kent) have become convinced of the following:
- Singing produces a different effect than speaking
- The tone (song) is at least as important as the words (speech)
- The power is in singing the song that God is singing through you.
- We often move into God’s song when the song others have written ends
Consider the following Bible concepts:
- Psalm 33:3, Psalm 96:1, Psalm 98:1
- Colossians 3:16
- The word of Christ dwell in you richly
- Teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom
- Singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs
- With thankfulness in your heart to God
Miriam’s Song Ex. 15:21
Sing to the Lord,
He has triumphed gloriously;
The horse and his rider He has thrown into the sea.
Hannah’s Song 1 Sam. 2:1-10
My heart exults in the Lord; My horn is exalted in the Lord, there is none holy like the Lord: for there is none besides you.
Mary’s Song Luke 1:46-55
My soul magnifies the Lord, My spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
He has looked upon the humble estate of his servant.
Singing from the depths (1 Corinthians 2:10) of God’s work in your life is enhanced by:
- No fear of performance
- Regular examination and evaluation of your heart
- Boldness to yield your song to the Lord
Imagine the day that God, Himself, releases His song over you! Zephaniah 3:17